Friday, January 2, 2015

Patterned Frenzy and NBUS take 2

Do you know what I love best about New Year's? It's one of those holidays that I don't feel obligated to spend with other people. Don't get me wrong, I love me a good social gathering and the old-fashioned inhalation of turkey and stuffing, but I also love me a day shut up in my craft room with only myself, a glass of wine, and the smell of a new paper pack. 

Aaaaand that's what I did yesterday! I love DCWV paper packs because they coordinate SO nicely together. And they have way cute cutouts in the back of most of their packs. Did you know DCWV has a blog?! With challenges?! I recently won a $50 prize pack of DCWV paper and product and boy was I inhaling that stuff yesterday!



The above picture is an image of two of the paper packs, plus some NBUS - my new Cricut, an amazing pack of metal ephemera sent to my by Cathy Parlitsis of Stamps and Scrapbooks  (thanks!!), and some Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. All of which were used for the very first time during the creation of my card.

What is NBUS you ask? It's the moniker coined by the fantastically whimsical Darnell Knauss of DJKardKreations and it means Never-Before-Used-Schtuff. Darnell is running the third NBUS challenge over at her blog and is giving away $100 in prizes! WHAT?! So if you have brand new product and want to win some prizes, go check it out! Click on the image below to be transported to her domain. 


http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/01/happy-new-year-2015-nbus-challenge-3.html

We all know that I love playing around with patterns and adore mixing and matching to create the perfect card. Well Shopping our Stash gave me a little nudge this week to do just that. They are having a "Thrice is Nice" challenge, in which you have to use three or more patterns. 

Here's the result:



FOUR different patterns were used in the creation of this guy all from the DCWV Sweet Tangerine Pack. I also got to test my Cricut Explore with the creation of that "happy" die cut, which is cut from the glitter paper stack. Lemme just say that there will definitely be a learning curve with this Cricut. I've got some exploring to do, for sure. 



Check out that sweet metal arrow! It's from Stampin Up's "Hung Up" clip pack. So cute! My sentiment is from STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches set.



I stamped the inside with a sentiment from STAMPlorations Thank You Sentiment Builder set because I have a million-and-one thank you cards to send out now, after Christmas. It's good to be this blessed.

My layout for my card came from TechnoStamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge. Also sending this over to STAMPlorations Anything Goes challenge.



Thank you all for stopping by! We're forecast to have a blizzard this weekend with a high of -15 degrees. HOORAY! Now I have a legitimate excuse to lock myself away, lounge in my pajamas, and create!

Leave me a comment and follow my blog and I'll be sure to return the favor! 

35 comments:

  1. Oh that paper is just perfect for that sketch!! Love all the bright colors you used and ! You met your goal of three patterned papers and exceeded it by adding one more!! You can definitely sned this card to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is soo stunning!! I am in love with the papers you've used too!! :) I think you'll be loving your Cricut Explore! I just got mine this Summer and have really enjoyed using it when I need a cut of something that I don't own in die cut form. Thanks for sharing! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this gorgeous, bright creation Becca...what wonderful papers and a fabulous layout. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you're having a great time with your "stuff" - and the card you created is wonderful - and love that little clip too. can't wait to get home and start in creating again with some of my "stuff". happy 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colourful, bright and cheerful! Just what we need to see during winter! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes! You read my mind - already checked out NBUS & are itching to use my Rubber Dance Stamps win....& I know EXACTLY that feeling of excitement when you win & the goodies arrrive. Those pp's are soooo gorgeous. A lot hotter than your weather.....I'm sitting here in a cotton shift. Fan whirring. It's BOILING!! Weird, that....anyways, LOVE this card. You had me at the paper clippy arrow;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really didn't know that DCWV had a challenge blog and shop! Will check it out though. Great win you had there and I love their papers too.
    Also love this card! All the patterned paper looks great together and that arrow if wonderful. Um....I may even have one of those somewhere! Love your card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! That's awesome! Congrats on the DCWV winnings! How awesome is that! Lovely card, and wonderful take on the sketch!
    Hugs,
    Samantha xx
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, Becca! You really made use of all of your new goodies - the papers are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab combo of goodies, it looks like you had a blast making this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on the win, wow..that is an awesome giftie....I soooo hear ya on the cooped up in my studio(it is not a real studio...only in my head..lol) and creating....teeehehehehe..there is nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning combinations of patterns! I adore these fresh colors and they work perfect with my sketch this week! Thanks so much for playing along your cards is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! I love the bold lines and colors. Thanks so much for joining the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a great post, Becca, and a superior card, which is a total winner (if you ask me) for that sketch challenge!! I love those DCWV papers, too, and I did not know they had challenges, so thank you for that tip! Thank you, too, for your lovely words and for linking again with my NBUS Challenge! I look forward to all the mega creations you make while all snuggled in warm and cozy!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, so happy for your DCWV win!! You sure have put the new goodies into great use! I love the layering and gorgeous colors! The design is so pleasing to the eyes! Always lovely to have you stopping by my blog, Becca! Wish you all the best in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  16. inhaling the stuff...that cracked me up.
    Your card is FABulous...seriously love the colors and patterns.
    Mowed Lawn in one of my FAV colors of distress ink.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, Becca,
    I just stopped by to let you know that you have been selected as our FB Designer of The Day for your strong use of color and composition in the fabulous design. Your project will be featured on our page at 2:30PM EST. Please stop by to say hello and to grab your Designer of The Day Badge! www.facebook.com/avenue613 .
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah Harris, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
    http://avenue613.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I am so beyond honored! Thank you so much! I'll be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  18. Love how all the patterns work together in this bright and fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this Becca! Gorgeous paper and cool interpretation of the sketch! I am popping in today, to wish you a Happy New Year and to invite you to join in a fun little 'Top 12 of 2014' challenge on my blog. A great way to celebrate our year in review! Hope you'll come and play along. Big hugs, Wends xxxx http://craftykiwimama.blogspot.co.nz/2015/01/happy-new-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. so colorfull
    so bright
    so happy
    and so COOOLLL card Becca
    I cant do like this
    too much layer
    my card will be mess...
    but you did it so great
    Another awesome card my friend
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card! Love how you've used the different papers together! Just FAB!!! Thanks for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "Thrice is Nice" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah I'm just going to admit it - I shower and get right back into pj's! Brr!
    This turned out awesome - learning curve and all - and WOOHOO for free goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. duuuuuuuuuude! i DID NOT know that dcwv had a blog or challenges, but i sure do now! ta v much for the hint, and for the NBUS one, too, which i think i could jump in on here and there! as for your card OF COURSE it is fabulous, i love the patterns you've combined and that shaped clip is making me want to find some i know i have somewhere that i never really knew what to do with... b/c i know now: copy becca!!! :) :) :)

    ps: thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (pattern combinational!) STASH with us this week, it's always cool to see your name in the link list! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. super cute card!!! LOVE the color mix and fun enamels!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card looks amazing! Love all the layers and the gorgeous paper! The die-cut happy you made with your new toy is fabulous! I saw your card featured over at 613 Avenue Create's fb page - congrats! I didn't know about DCWV's blog or challenges - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute card, Becca. Love all the little embelies... the enamel dots, arrow clip and the lovely layers. SO much going on but it's not cluttered at all... awesome!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR, my friend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  27. It all works! Love how you were able to put all the different styles together and create such a fun card-Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Becca! love the trendy and colorful look of this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats for your new toy :D and what a great card! love all the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Found you from the NBUS bog but now that I'm here can I say I LOVE your work!
    This card caught my eye. Fabulous layers and mix of happy colors and bold patterns. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Becca! Congrats on your FB feature! Fabulous! Love your card and gorgeous colours picked! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this card ... all of the elements work together so perfectly ... such a great cohesive design.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sorry Becca, can't believe I missed this!! Congrats on your winnings and for your Designer of the Day!!! Bright and beautiful card, I so love your style!!
    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is one happy card! This is the kind of card I would like to be able to put together but sadly it's a no go for me. Usually ends up in the trash... But thanks for the inspiration - I just might have to keep on trying!

    ReplyDelete