Friday, November 18, 2016

Reindeer Games - Stamped Christmas Card

Jingle Jingle Jingle!
I'm back with ANOTHER Christmas card. I'm not even sorry because this one is just plain adorable. 

I started crafting last night and new I wanted to try out the new Stitched Snow Hills CUTplorations die cuts. What followed was a card that just makes me grin all over my face. 


This post is also serving as a reminder to go play along in the STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch Challenge. 



I chose to play along with the theme portion - but you could use the sketch or the theme and sketch. 

I began by sponging a background using Salty Ocean Distress Inks. 

Distress_Ink_sponging_background_tim_holtz

I created three snowy hills from the Stitched Snow Hills CUTplorations dies and sponged around the tops to give them a little more dimension.
 
Distress_ink_sponging_technique_tim_holtz

I also die cut three bright green patterned paper trees and sponged around their edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 

making_snow_for_cards_distress_spray_stain

I assembled the background and used Picket Fence Distress Spray Stains to create some white splattery "snow". 

reindeer_stamped_christmas_card_winter_scene_holiday

Here's the final product. Don't you just adore that happy little reindeer? He is from the Reindeer Games stamp set (designed by yours truly) and he makes me so happy. The sentiment is from the Trendy Christmas Trees stamp set. 

I'm going to link this up to:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Christmas Critters
Just Add Ink - Choose 2 (Die Cut, Patterned Paper)
Winter Wonderland - Poinsettias or Snow is Falling (Snow)
Cute Card Thursday - Christmas/Holidays

Thanks for popping by! I hope this card makes you smile as much as it did for me! :)

21 comments:

  1. He is a real cutie, that reindeer of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh who doesn't love reindeer?? They are just too stinking cute! I love the splatters of snow on your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D This reindeer is really so cute and fun, Becca!! I smile! ...A lot!!! :D Great scene, too, with that inked background, the trees and your clever splatter as snow!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It gave me a grin too!! This is super duper cute Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card Becca - I love the detail of the patterned paper for the trees.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card Becca! I love the reindeer and your scene fits our theme perfectly!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    Lou DT xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! He's the cutest! Love how you've created a nice snowy scene for him to live in, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this cute card with us at Winter Wonderlnd this time. Good luck and we would love to see you again. Christine DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Card Becca...and Yes! You made me smile.... LOTS! Grin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely scene you've created for your cute reindeer to play in Becca! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! Your patterned paper trees look fabulous with that adorable reindeer. Great to see you at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats one crazy happy reindeer Becca no wonder this makes you smile! Your scene is vibrant, colourful and full of fun. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL!! This little guy really makes me smile!! :) Love the wonderful scene you've created for him! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, he's adorable! Love this bright, fun, happy Christmas card, Becca. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card Becca! That is one super cute image & I love the scene you've created.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your reindeer is so super adorable!! I love how excited he looks to be there on your snowy scene!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just super cute, Becca! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How did I miss this exponentially happy-making reindeer card! Great to see it now, on a day when the winds are brisk and the snowflakes are just starting to fall! Love the scene and yes, your reindeer makes me smile!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete