Thursday, January 5, 2017

Fusion - Hot Stuff in the Winter

It's a PARTYYYYYYYY! One of my favorite challenges on the web, Fusion, is turning the big 3! 



When I first started blogging a little over 2 years ago, Fusion was one of the first challenges I found. Since I'm a girl who likes options, I love the fact that there is both an inspiration image AND a sketch to choose from. Or you can get all funky with their challenges and use both! 



That's why I was so excited when I was asked to join the other super-amazing-awesome-incredible-talented designers this year. I'm still feeling the pinch-me moment! 


 
It is -17 degrees here. Air temp. With the windchill it is in the -30s. 
So when I saw the current inspiration image, I decided to take a chilly card and turn it into something oh-so-warm.


I used the Stunning Snowflakes set by Uniko, along with some blue & purple colorburst powders to create my background, then used my new STAMPlorations A Cuppa Love stamp set to add in my warmth. :) 

But I'm not gonna hog the spotlight here. Let me introduce you to a woman who needs no introduction, especially when it comes to hot beverages - Ms. Amy Tsurata

In honor of our pahr-tay for Fusion's 3rd birthday, we all got to invite one guest. Now the prospect of choosing just one of my hundreds of bloggy friends left my nails in a permanently bitten state. However - as soon as I saw that inspiration image... there's no way I could have invited anyone BUT the coffee queen herself, Amy T. 

And check out her glorious cards! 



Amy used the sketch & inspiration image, because she's genius like that. And she even used my Literary Caffeinations set and the STAMPlorations After Coffee set. 

Would all of my bloggy friends go give Amy a little love today on her blog post

Now go make sure you check out the Fusion Pahr-tay and especially make sure you play along!

18 comments:

  1. Awwwww...Becca, love your SWEET card and thanks for the invite and shout out!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!! Love the pop of red in the wintery card. Thanks for sharing :)
    Cheers
    Preety

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome!! I just love ALL of the creations that you ladies have made!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your card is just wonderful!!! So vibrant, bright and full of warm love :D Great interpretation of the sketch, love your amazing background with the snowflakes, the pop of red on the cups, the fab sentiment on the stitched frames and the rustic string!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your warm but wintry card! Beautiful background! And Amy is the perfect guest for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just gorgeous, Becca. Love that wintry background but definitely the overall feeling is warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is fabulous Becca, what a pretty background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your fabulous card Becca. That wintry background with the blue is so amazing. I also like the way you have the coffee cups leaning into each other. What a cute touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bubbly enthusiasm in being part of the Fusion team is contagious! We're so fortunate, aren't we! Your 'in love' coffee cups card is totally hot! Love it! I can relate to the freezing temperatures. We've been sitting between -25-30C for the past week...and more to come! Long johns on all the time! Yes, choosing a GD was a challenge, indeed, but what a good one to have in that we have so many wonderful friends in this community! Amy: rockstar! Fabulous choice! Have an awesome cruise!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your snowflake and Color Burst background, and the texture from the twine :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Becca and Amy! Two talented ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these cards are so much fun! Fusion is one of my favorite challenges too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your card a latte, Becca! Those cups are so cute and your background is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a stunning card Becca - love the snowflakes there in the background to give the 'cold' against the hot coffee
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very terrific twosome, you and Amy! Fabulous creations by both of you wonderful ladies!!! LOVE the blue chilly background behind those 'hot' cups. It's always time for coffee, isn't it?! Stay warm, my friend. Brrrrr..... Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the stunning background and cute harts Becca! So FAB you invited Amy too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, Becca. Love the contrast of the snowflake background with the "Hot" sentiment. Awesome design!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete